Event Recap Script (2)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

31) Prologue IV, Ending - Setting Sail

Draug: "Prince Marth! Make haste, sire!"

Marth: "Draug, is that you? What are you doing here?"

Draug: "I received word from Sir Malledus to ready a vessel, that we might slip away discreetly by sea. The enemy has crossed the border and closes in on us from the west; we cannot stay here. Hurry, sire!"


32) Prologue IV, Ending - Setting Sail (Norne)

Draug: "Prince Marth! Make haste, sire!"

Marth: "Draug, is that you? What are you doing here?"

Draug: "I received word from Sir Malledus to ready a vessel, that we might slip away discreetly by sea."

Norne: "Draug, sir! The enemy has crossed the border from the west! They'll be upon us soon!"

Draug: "Right, we're on our way. Sire, this is Norne. She caught wind of our struggle and wishes to fight for Altea."

Norne: "Prince Marth, 'tis an honor. By your leave, though, I'll be savin' the curtsy-bobbin' for later. Quickly, sire!"


33) Prologue IV, Ending - Farewell (Jagen)

Jiol: "This is... the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him! Make this prince mimer SUFFER!"

Jagen: "Heh, these old bones are still good for something. Farewell, my prince. Live, and grow strong..."


34) Prologue IV, Ending - Farewell (Cain)

Jiol: "This is... the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him! Make this prince mimer SUFFER!"

Cain: "Glory to Altea, land of my birth! Farewell, sire! Fortune protect you..."


35) Prologue IV, Ending - Farewell (Abel)

Jiol: "This is... the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him! Make this prince mimer SUFFER!"

Abel: "Good... Altea's hope is restored. Farewell, sire. Fortune protect you..."


36) Prologue IV, Ending - Farewell (Frey)

Jiol: "This is... the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him! Make this prince mimer SUFFER!"

Frey: "Count this knight honored to die in the service of his prince. Live, sire, and grow strong..."


37) Prologue IV, Ending - Farewell (Gordin)

Jiol: "This is... the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him! Make this prince mimer SUFFER!"

Gordin: "I was dead anyway till you came, sire... If I'm to die again, at least let me die for you. Fortune protect you, sire..."

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon Medeus the Earth Dragon
Medeus


38) Prologue IV, Ending - Assuredly (Jagen)

Narration:
And so Marth and his knights left Altea, heavy of heart and bleary of eye...

Jagen: "Look, sire. See how Altea shrinks on the horizon..."

Marth: "...aven..."

Jagen: "Pardon?"

Marth: "I am a craven. Powerless to save my sister; to stanch my kingdom's wounds; to ease my people fears..."

Jagen: "This... was your only recourse, sire. But surely, one day, you will be able to set things right..."

Marth: "'Surely'? Why do words of such conviction smack so much uncertainty when spoken? Not surely, Jagen. Assuredly. Gra will pay for all their acts. Today, though, allow me to wallow in this pain, to feel every awful twist of it. I never want to forget."

Jagen: "Sire..."

Marth: "I will return, Altea! Your prince will return to you one day!"


39) Prologue IV, Ending - Assuredly (Draug)

Narration:
And so Marth and his knights left Altea, heavy of heart and bleary of eye...

Draug: "Look, sire. See how Altea shrinks on the horizon..."

Marth: "...aven..."

Draug: "Beg your pardon?"

Marth: "I am a craven. Powerless to save my sister; to stanch my kingdom's wounds; to ease my people fears..."

Draug: "This... was your only recourse, sire. But surely, one day, you will be able to set things right..."

Marth: "'Surely'? Why do words of such conviction smack so much uncertainty when spoken? Not surely, Draug. Assuredly. Gra will pay for all their acts. Today, though, allow me to wallow in this pain, to feel every awful twist of it. I never want to forget."

Draug: "Sire..."

Marth: "I will return, Altea! Your prince will return to you one day!"


40) Chapter 1, Opening - Pirate Raid (Jagen)

Jagen: "Sire! You've a visitor from the castle. It's Princess Caeda!"

Marth: "Caeda, what is it? You look white as a sheet!"

Caeda: "Marth, come quickly! It's the castle... Galder's pirates attacked from out of nowhere... They stormed the gates and cut down everyone in their path! I fear for my father's life..."

Marth: "Steady, Caeda. You did well to come find us. Altea's bravest knights aren't about to hand Talys to that flock of seafowl. Come, we'll make for the castle now!"


41) Chapter 1, Opening - Pirate Raid (Draug)

Draug: "Sire! You have a visitor from the castle. It's Princess Caeda!"

Marth: "Caeda, what is it? You look white as a sheet!"

Caeda: "Marth, come quickly! It's the castle... Galder's pirates attacked from out of nowhere... They stormed the gates and cut down everyone in their path! I fear for my father's life..."

Marth: "Steady, Caeda. You did well to come find us. Altea's bravest knights aren't about to hand Talys to that flock of seafowl. Come, we'll make for the castle now!"


42) Chapter 1, Village - Stop the Pirates

Elder: "Prince Marth! 'Tis good you stopped by. The villagers have collected 10,000 gold pieces. If it please you, use the money to arm your warriors, and rid our land of those pirates."


43) Chapter 1, Village - The Curate's Help

Wyrs: "I am Wyrs, a humble curate. I cannot fight, but this staff I carry can heal your wounded. Take me with you, and you'll be very glad you did."


44) Chapter 1, Ending - Departure

Talys King: "Ah, Prince Marth! You have saved us in our hour of need. Please accept my thanks. Lad, I believe you are ready. If you wish to seek out allies in Aurelis, I will give you what soldiers I can to see you arrive there safely. Captain Ogma is a fine swordsman, brave and true. I know he and his fighters will serve you well. Another thing... During your travels, you are certain to meet many who despise Dolhr. Some may be hiding in villages; others may have been captured or forced to fight against their will or better judgment. It falls upon you to find these individuals and win them over to your cause. Understood, lad? Then go! The time has come! Be patient, steady, strong: I know you will do great things."


45) Chapter 2, Opening - Dependable Men

Ogma: "Prince Marth, I am Ogma, a mercenary of Talys. The king has bid me and my three men join your army. Cavalry has arrived from the west, flying Grust's standard. They mean to take your life, sire. Be careful."


46) Chapter 2, Village - Save Our Angel

Villager: "Oh! Mighty prince of Altea! Please, will you save Sister Lena? She's gone up into the Ghoul's Teeth to tend to the sick there. We warned her; I swear we did... Lena is our angel. If something befell her, I-- No, I won't think of it. Take this gold: we've 5,000 pieces. Just promise you'll use it to bring her home to us unharmed."

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon Prince Marth of Altea
Marth

47) Chapter 2, Scene - Pirate No More

Darros: "Ahoy, Prince Marth, I be Darros, a simple man o' the sea. I've had me fill o' the piratin' life, and now I be lookin' t' start anew. What say ye? Make me yer matey, and I swear t' pull me load."


48) Chapter 2, Scene - Caeda's Kindness

Caeda: "Castor?! It is you, isn't it? Must even good men like you betray Talys now?"

Castor: "Princess Caeda? Oh... I'm sorry, but me mother's sick, and the medicine don't buy itself, see..."

Caeda: "So you agreed to fight for the pirates in exchange for coin...? All right, then. If it's gold you need, take mine. Here, this all I have. Take it, and go to your mother's side."

Castor: "But, Princess... I betrayed you! ...Ach, I've been a fool! Forgive me, Princess. Let me fight for you now. Me life is yours!"


49) Chapter 2, Scene - What Defines You

Castor: "Prince Marth, I am Castor of Talys. I wish to add my bow to your strength."

Marth: "Of course. Caeda told me about you."

Castor: "You know, she's always been very kind to me, sire, even before I left Talys. And look how I've repaid her..."

Marth: "Castor, you can still show her your heart is true. Let the battles to come be what defines you!"


50) Chapter 2, Ending - Into the Teeth

Villager: "You have our gratitude, sire, for finally chasin' those pirates away. Now, as I hear it, you plan to march on to Aurelis... That'll take you right up through the Ghoul's Teeth. With all due respect, sire, you're takin' a great risk crossin' those mountains. That's Soothsire territory. The Soothsires are fearsome bandits, always raidin' the villages and harryin' what travelers dare pass by. And the swordsman with 'em-- goes by the name o' Navarre-- he's a terror with a blade, so they say. If you go up there, keep your wits about you-- or you won't come back down."


51) Chapter 3, Opening - Run, Sister!

Julian: "Hey, c'mon, Lena, shake a leg! We need to get out of the Teeth, and we need to do it yesterday! Rumor has it the knights of Altea are at the foot of the mountain. We won't get a better chance than this. It's just a little farther. Stick with me."

Lena: "Julian, I'm sorry... But I left my Mend staff back there. It's very precious to me... You go on ahead. Save yourself! Here, I could use this Warp staff to send you someplace safe--"

Julian: "Uh-uh, honey. No can do. I didn't betray my boys back there so you could zap me on out of here alone. Forget the staff; I'll come back later and get it for you myself, all right? Right now, though, I need you to RUN. Tick-tock, now move that frock!"


52) Chapter 3, Village - Gift or Curse?

Villager: "Oh, ho ho! Don't you look young and full of life! Such a warm smile here in these desolate mountains deserves a nice reward. Here, take this axe-- this EVIL abomination of an axe! Beware! Its blade drinks blood and devours flesh. I'd hate to see you come to any harm!"


53) Chapter 3, Scene - The High Bidder

Caeda: "Navarre! Since when does a swordsman of your caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?"

Navarre: "What? Who are you? Fly away, girl, before someone decides to swat you."

Caeda: "Please, Navarre. Why fight for nothing when you can fight for something? Leave this rabble. Lend your sword to our cause. Or, if you will not, then turn it on me now instead."

Navarre: "...Nay, I'll turn no blade of mine on a woman. If you're willing to pay for my services with your life, then consider yourself the high bidder. My sword is yours."


54) Chapter 3, Scene - Laconic Swordsman

Navarre: "......"

Marth: "Um... aren't you--"

Navarre: "Navarre."

Marth: "The great swordsman they speak of... Will you fight with us, then?"

Navarre: "You need only name your target."


55) Chapter 3, Scene - Power to Help

Marth: "Good day, Sister. Are you all right?"

Lena: "Yes... Thank you."

Marth: "These mountains are dangerous. My forces will draw the enemy away; use that time to escape."

Lena: "No, I wish to help."

Marth: "But... you... What?"

Lena: "Please, sire. I am a cleric. I cannot bear to watch others come to harm when I have the power to help."

Marth: "Well... all right... But I don't wish to see you come to harm, either."

Lena: "I will be careful. Thank you, sire."

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon Marth's Journey to Talys
Marth

56) Chapter 3, Scene - No Better Deal

Julian: "Stop! Whoa! I'm... I'm not your enemy!"

Marth: "Huh?"

Julian: "I'm Julian! One of the bad guys! A Soothsire. Oh! Well, except I'm not anymore. See, now I'm a good guy! See? Lena gave me a reason to-- well, let's just say I've had a change of heart."

Marth: "......"

Julian: "Hm. Not explainin' myself very well, am I? All right, all right, I guess what I'm tryin' to say is--"

Marth: "Yes. You can come with us."

Julian: "Oh... Well... well, good."

Marth: "I'm inclined to trust you. If you've truly had a change of heart, you deserve the chance to prove it. Show me you're ready to help people, and then I'll know I've picked a man of character."

Julian: "Wow. That's... Thanks! I couldn't ask for a better deal!"


57) Chapter 3, Ending - The Sire's Stash

Malledus: "Sire! Would you look at this! Those rogues left 15,000 gold here when they fled! This money will buy plenty of new equipment for your army. Tomorrow is the day, sire, when we finally arrive in Aurelis. Be sure to rest up tonight."


58) Chapter 4, Opening - Enemy in the Lea

Bentheon: "An unknown army to the south? That must be the Altean princeling and his band of lickspittles. If they think we'll sit by and let them join forces with the Aurelians, then they have another thing coming. With this ridersbane, I'll litter the lea with their cavalry!"


59) Chapter 4, Village - Old Friend

Merric: "Aha! Prince Marth. We meet again."

Marth: "Huh? ...Merric?! Merric, is that you?"

Merric: "Well, yes, sire, last I looked. Whilst studying magic in Khadein, I caught wind of a war brewing and decided to seek you out."

Marth: "I see... Thank you, then. I need friends like you on the battlefield. You will fight with us, of course?"

Merric: "Of course! 'Twould be a passing shame if you didn't get to see me flex a little magical muscle. Wait till I show you my latest: Excalibur!"


60) Chapter 4, Village - The People's Wish

Villager: "Kind Altean, this kingdom is in dire need of a savior. We've saved up 5,000 gold and poured our prayers into every coin. Please, use this money to answer them."

Disclaimer: All Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon's images, arts, logos, names and related characters are properties of Nintendo.


Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next

Quick Links: Home | Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment